Cradle cap

What does everyone suggest to help get rid of cradle cap? My DD has it on her head and in one of her eyebrows :(
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Coconut oil works like magic wash there hair and then rub it in there scalp. My niece had out now it's gone.
Helpful - 0
Do you leave it in overnight?
Helpful - 0
I heard you can comb it out but whatever you do dont rub it out. The crale cap is the early folicles of hair. You dont want to mess up the hair growth. My friend told me that her son hairline is all messed up because his aunt rubbed off the cradle cap.
Helpful - 0
Yea. Just put it on there scalp I think every other night after a bath. It def works wonders
Helpful - 0
Coconut oil for sure!
Helpful - 0
My son gets it terrible. I put warm olive oil all over his scalp then put a hat on  him for about an hour. Then I use a baby brush and rub his scalp  once washed its all gone and his hair is like silk.
Helpful - 0
Baby oil
Helpful - 0
My son had it very bad. I used baby oil after baths warm rag and my figner nails. I put the oil on then gentle use my nails going in cicular moitions to removes some of the dead skin. Then wipe with a warm rag. My son had it bad. This was the advice of his doctors. And you hair folocles are under your skin on your head it will not mess up the hair pattern. Most babies hair fall out within a few weeks or so after birth.
Helpful - 0
I'm still not going to RUB it out. I favor the gentle wash, oil and soft brush it out. Regardless of how hair folicle grows if i get this problem. I dont want to learn about it the hard way. I met the little boy at my shower on sat his hairline is different from the rest of his hair it grows thin and just seems diff not bad at all. The cutie doesnt have a receding hairline it just looks like baby hair when the rest look like healthy mature hair. Like it grew in last. Maybe it could be because of his hair type also. But i wouldnt chance it.
Helpful - 0
I think scraping or rubbing i out may cause thin hair it looks like. Just brush it out or comb it for a more even effect so when the hair grows in.
Helpful - 0
Also i do hair, Caucasian hair in particular. Children braids part time and i see a lot of different hair types. I love and study hair hair so...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community