I feel like a bad mom :,(

I'm very frustrated that idk how to do a lot of stuff I just had my baby 3 weeks ago n ever since than I cry every single day I feel hopeless l feel like such a bad mom I don't even know who to call to ask y is she throwing up her milk I'm so freakn upset :(
Aww don't be so hard on yourself you are doing fantastic. I'm a ftm at 32 weeks so can't give first hand advice but at my last antenatal class the midwife said if your baby doesn't burp within 5 minutes it will more than likely throw up later which isn't your fault. Unless they are constantly sick then you need to seek help. It sounds like you may be suffering post natal depression,is there a midwife or Dr you can talk to? Even a friend or partner to support you. Whatever you do don't think for another minute you are a bad mum it is still early days and you and baby are getting to know each other and it will eventually all fall into place. Try to stay positive xxx
Try to remember that your baby is learning how to live. It is funny to think that someone has to learn to live, but it is true. Your worry is proof that you are not a bad mother. You are so concerned for your baby's health which is wonderful, but remember to take care of yourself. Call your doctor and tell them know how you are feeling. Talk to your baby's pediatrician and let them know what's going on with your baby. Both are there to help you. You're new at this, I remember calling my mom at 3 in the morning with my first baby just bawling because I didn't know what to do. You're not alone.
Patricia,  you've posted so many times that you are crying everyday,  and feel hopeless.

This has reached the point where you need to talk to your doctor about it.

Do you have a pediatrician yet for your daughter? You need to find one,  because your baby will need well checks.

First thing tomorrow,  call your doctor and ask to be seen,  and ask for a referral to a pediatrician so you can get her checked out and get recommendations for more successful feeding.

Be strong.  No one is going to try to take your baby away for asking for help,  and I know that's one of your major concerns.  You need help - and delaying asking for help for your baby is more of an issue than asking when you need it.

Doctors understand and will help.
I agree that you need to seek medical help for you and your child. A great person told me that bad mom's don't worry about being bad mom's only good mom's.
I agree with you,  Appy.  Bad moms don't think they're bad moms.  Only good moms who know they need help worry about being good moms.
Thanks ladies, and yes she has a pediatrician already and I will talk to my doctor during my appointment that is coming up & I do have my bf support I just cry a lot for no reason most of the time it happens randomly sometimes too I think it's been way too long now so I definitely am going to talk to my doctor about it

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community