Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community
214 Members

Male or Female Pediatrician

Hi, I'm a Ftm and I'm 34 weeks pregnant  with a boy. My question is since I'm having a boy would it best to have a male pediatrician?
I meant 35 weeks
I honestly dont think it matters. Male or female a doctor is a doctor! My first preg. Ob was a male & now my doctor is a female... But im just not really picky.. Ultimately up to you!
A doctor is a doctor no matter if it's a man or a women. My daughter's doctor is a male but he is the same one who used to be my little brothers doctor. So that's why I use him cause I know his work
I agree with the other ladies. I dont believe gender defines which one is a better pick. If the doctor you choose no matter of gender is good at what they do, that's all that matters. I do indeed have a male for my son, but if my family doctor was a pediatrician, I would have had her be his doctor because she does her job well.
I would say male. Just because when he gets older and starts maturing, he will be more comfortable with a male doctor. Some states still consider young adults pediatrics up until 25.