Newborn with reflux?

Its happened 3 times now. Where my baby is just laying down after eating and suddenly spit up is coming out thru his mouth and nose. Its really bad to the point that he stops breathing and has trouble catching his breath. It scares me so bad. A nurse told us it was reflux. Any moms experience this with thier newborns. Did it ever stop or get better?? Hes 2 1/2 wks old. Hes mostly formula fed and occasionally breast fed. Please help. I hate seeing my baby go thru that.
I have experienced with my 2 1/2 week old as well only thing I find that works after feeding him is to keep him upright for maybe 30 mins then lay him down and to burp him after every Ounce
That happened to my son when he was a week old. It was traumatizing. Luckily it hasn't happened again and he's almost 3 weeks. But he does spit up a lot and I can hear his tummy rumble like he has bad gas I feel so bad. Doctor says its normal but it makes him so upset :(
Anyone asked a dr? What have yall been told??
DOC said it's normal most grow out of it just after baby eats keep baby upright and burp frequently it should help
I don't have this problem my baby is a week nd 3 days today. My mom told me to make sure I don't lay him down right away after eating keep him up nd pat his back for another 10-15mins even if he's already burped not sure if that's what makes a difference but you could try it out

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community