Aa
A
A
A
Close
Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community
228 Members
Have anyone had a infant with  RSV .. How long did last ..
5 Responses
That depends in the severity of the RSV. Right now my daughter (she's 18 months) has a very mild version of RSV. I've taken her to her dr and the dr said she's okay because her lungs have not been effected but we're m
My son had RSV when he was 4 Months old, he was in the hospital for I believe 2 nights because his oxygen was low... It pro pack took him a week or so to get better...
Her dr said we will monitor her if it gets worse she'll have to go to the hospital. She said run a humidifier 24/7 in the rooms she is in (living room & her bedroom). Keep the nose clear with suction and saline spray several times a day. It's been a week she's a little better (eating drinking fluids good. However, if your infant is very young it is very very serious. My niece ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks when she was only 2 months old. So she could have breathing treatments. It's good to take her to the dr, my dr prefers she's sees her verses a rush to the ER or Urgent care because they can get something else much worse. But if the dr listens to her lungs they can let you know if it's severe.
Well the dr said his lungs sound pretty clear . It's been four days.. I been giving breathing treatments at home and saline drops .. He still playing  .. He is only 3 mths old .. And I'm worried .. I pray it clear up soon ..
Another thing my dr had told me was to try to have her sleep propped up. Have her sleep in her swing that will help with the drainage. And remember you know your baby better than anyone if she doesn't seem right take her into the dr or hospital right away. If you get sent home because she's fine that's great.  When they are so little time is precious. I would rather seem like the crazy over protective mom and be on the safer side then not.
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.