A
A
A
Close
Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community
225 Members
9704378 tn?1553729792

What's Going On? :(

I've been trying to do this weaning thing for about a week or so now, maybe more (haven't really kept track). The engorgement seems as if it's gone down, compared to how it used to be when I was still breastfeeding her. I've read that sage tea helps stop the milk supply. I've been drinking it, religiously, but don't see much results of it going away. I've gotten this lump on my left side, that feels like possibly a cluster? Like, milk is backed up or something. I don't know if it's a vein, or what, I just want the swelling & milk to stop! Can anyone give suggestions as to what else may work? This is taking longer than I'd like/want, lol.
2 Responses
10743983 tn?1440213810
It took mine about two weeks to stop hurting and to stop producing. You just have to give it time that I know of. I was never told differently. But to wear a sports bra and breast pads for the leaking. I used the hot water in the shower to help with the pain, but then was told not too because it keeps the milk producing.
9704378 tn?1553729792
Yeah, I read that too. I'll just keep drinking the tea. The milk hasn't been coming in as frequently as it previously was, so the tea is working. I think I'm just impatient, lol. Did you ever experience a lump after you stopped feeding?
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.