baby update

So after my boy got moved to the big kid side of the NICU, he had a set back and after a week of trying to find what was wrong and why his food kept coming back up they moved him to a different hospital that could run better test. And they found that the muscle opening from the stomach to the upper bowls is either opening and closing wrong or it is getting thick. It's got a name that I can't remember. Opening and closing wrong means we wait a month and he gets fed by a tube that goes past his tummy, being thick means surgery. We are waiting right now. In the mean time I'm still working on getting my milk to come in so they can freeze it for when he can eat. Please keep Avery in your thoughts and prayers if you can. Thanks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Praying for u and baby
Helpful - 0
.
Helpful - 0
Hope everything goes well for you!!
Helpful - 0
Praying for your family
Helpful - 0
I went through something very similar, so just a positive thought. My son's food kept coming up, he was on formula and got tested. The little flap thing wasn't closing like it should, so they had to do what you said. And they had to wait it out to see if it would get strong enough on its own to start closing and thankfully it did. So he didn't require surgery. He is almost 4 years old now and doing perfectly well. Baby is in my prayers, and stay positive mama. Everything will work out.
Helpful - 0
What they did to also help was change his formula to a sensitive kind and that helped as well. Forgot to mention that. Lol
Helpful - 0
Prayers your way!
Helpful - 0
Thanks guys! He got food today, he was a little happier.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community