child care

Hello. It's time to look into child care. . What r some questions I need to ask and know?. This is my first. . So I have no idea what should I  ask
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you. .everyone
Helpful - 0
I would read their rules/manual before going. That way you can avoid asking those questions. If your location requires it, look up there last inspection paperwork. Full hours of operation, what happens if you can't be on time (traffic, flat tire, ect). What exactly is included and not included?  How are they to respond to a various emergencies (big fall, sudden high temp, big storm, ect)? What are their allergy practices? If the state required 4:1, what is the child cares ratio?
Helpful - 0
in the infant room they May provide formula food and wipes while your child is there. so you Mau want to know that as  well
Helpful - 0
you want to know if they are a licensed facility. meaning all staff has to have background checks and finger prints.your child and other children have to always be up to date with immunizations.which means staff has to have a certain amount of training each year along with up to date TB shots. you may want to know the educational background of staff  . daily schedules and food menus.
Helpful - 0
Important to know what they are certified in cpr, if they know what to do if a child chokes. What there meal plan is, wat their daily schedules, where do they nap and is it safe, certified within date cribs etc. Very important to visit and at different times of day. Do they travel with the children outside the home or facility, whee do they take them.
Their sick policy is always good to know and how they deal with difficult situations like biting, etc.
This is all I can think of right now
Helpful - 0
There is usually a list on google. Otherwise it can be a little more personal towards your family. Mine has allergies and asthma so I asked about how they dealt with that. I also asked who was going to be around the kids because I have to go though a home daycare.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community