first time mom sleep question

I had my little boy a week early and glad cause I'm home for thanksgiving. My son will sleep in his crib it's nap time but when it's time to sleep at night he would only sleep in my arms listening to my heaheartbeat which means he sleeps in my bed. Any mom's has any suggestions on how to get him to sleep in his crib at night or is this normal for the first few weeks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Put your scent on things and put near baby for example dressing gown or a top of yours etc
Helpful - 1
You could try a white noise app. If he likes the sound of your heartbeat he might like the white noise.
Helpful - 0
Try to put your shirt near him so he can smell it and think he close to u.. thats what i did with my daughter and it worked .
Helpful - 0
I let my son sleep on my chest the first couple weeks(he is two weeks and five days old now) when I would put him in the bassinet he would wake up. The past couple nights I have been swaddling him and then putting him in his bassinet and he is sleeping pretty good in it now :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community