sleeping in crib

My baby is almost two weeks old.. I can get her to sleep on the bed next to me if she's touching me but I'm terrified of rolling over on her. She refuses to sleep in her crib. She wakes up if I set her in it. Anyone have advice or ideas on how I get her use to it? I've tried letting her cry it out but surprisingly stayed awake crying for over ten minutes.
Just wondering if you have a bassinet. That might help and then you will be next to you but not in the bed.
She doesnt like that either
My daughter was the same way. She is now 6 months and still sleeps in my bed, because we all got so used to it. What I did was roll up a towel and stick it under the sheet to make a barrier, then I'd roll up a smaller blanket and put it between us, so she wouldn't move over. I never had a problem rolling or moving too close to her. Now she just sleeps in between my husband and me, or sometimes in her packnplay bassinet. I've actually really ended up enjoying cosleeping, which is something I never even thought I'd try.
I uses to put my daughter in the carrycot and have that on the bed. The gradually moved it into the crib....and it worked
Try getting a sleeper. You place it in the bed with you.
It takes weeks and sometimes months for them to learn to sleep. Give yourself and them time. Each one of my babies was different.
Thanks you guys. Yesterday she napped in bed and tonight she's mostly slept on the bed. My husband was just worried about her not being on her back enough and doesn't want her in the bed lol its a step closer at least
My 4 kids was all the same way until I put them on their bellies and they stayed asleep that way. I did this during the day so I could watch them and once I felt comfortable with it I did this at night.
Do you swaddle her that's the only way my son would sleep in his bed was in my room tho
She use to like it but now she moves her arms to much
I wouldn't recommend bed sharing. Especially, with an infant. I am a social worker and we get many cases of children that die from suffocation or SIDS. Try to get a bassinet.
My son is 3 months and is the same way. We had to get a bed sleeper and an owlet monitor. It will alarm if there's a change in his oxygen or heart rate.
My baby boy will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and he sleeps in between my husband and I. I bought a summer's infant sleep by your side bed and baby sleeps in between us. My hubby works nights so we have the whole bed to ourselves at night.

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community