Son experimenting with other boys

So,my son who is 12 had a sleepover with 3 other friends (One is 11 years old and The others are 12 and 13). Tonight, when I went to check on them, my son was sucking 11yo's penis while the 2 other boys were masturbating each other. I've been thinking a lot about it and haven't talked with them yet because they don't know I saw them. I have thinked about the possibility oficial ir being abuse but the younger boy is the most developed of all 4 and the older is a bit childish for his age. What should I do?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
They are very young to be experimenting like that- experimenting and curiosity does happen, but they obviously have a level of knowledge they got somewhere (pornography, possibly being abused themselves, etc).  A conversation should happen, not just with the boys but also it's important to have a conversation with the parents (I know it's not a fun conversation, but it needs to be done so they know).   You don't need to shame them or embarrass them, but you should try and figure out where they got this idea and create some boundaries on what is ok and what isn't (I wouldn't permit sleepovers, etc).  These kids are not consenting adults- a few of them are not even teenagers, and in my opinion it's not ok to not address this with them.   They need honest communication about sex- not just letting curiosity take them places they really have no idea what they are about or the consequences that can go along with it.  
Helpful - 0
Most boys do experiment with each other; however, they usually do not start sucking each other’s private parts until they are around 16-17 which is when a lot of guys lose their virginity. I would be extremely concerned as to where they learned how to do it and the mechanics behind it. Most boys who do experiment are heterosexual...it’s just a ronde vous if you will. However, considering age, it’s something you should look into. No child male or female should know that much about the mechanics of sex to know where to “put things ” besides the basics of teaching them about inappropriate touching. If your child does turn out gay or bisexual, accept him with loving and open arms, and please do not turn your back on him and/or kick him out. I’m a Christian, and I will happily accept anyone on the bases that what they are doing does not hurt themselves, a child, any one else, and animals. After all, God said “love thy neighbor as you love yourself” and to “not judge for the extent that you judge the same will be held against you”.
Helpful - 0
I hate to break it to you but I figured out the "mechanics" of basic hetero missionary style by age 4, not by example but rather given I knew the difference between a boy and girl, it wasn't much of a stretch. As well in elementary school it was common place to he boys give eachother a hard time for "playing with themselves " or "sucking **** " cause even though most boys did indeed "play with themselves " and we all knew the idea of oral.
eh, tell them theyre too young
Helpful - 0
You should have stopped them immediately! Wth! You are a parent and it’s your duty to stop and have a dialogue about the rules of the house and the discuss with son. You  Should have stopped then and called the other parents and told them.  The Other parents need to know too!!!!
Helpful - 0
It Seriously baffles me how anyone Especially a parent would not have stopped this!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you. Because we all know people under the age of 18 NEVER think bout sex, experiment with sex, have sex or watch sex. They have no interest in sex until the day they're married in a God approved way.

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Children (6-12) Community