Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

3 year old son keep vomiting threw the night.

my 3 year old toddler keeps vomiting, no temperature, no other symptoms other then a runny nose, clear. and a little cough. he isn't coughing when vomiting occurs. when he vomits, he screams then sounds like he is choking. should i call the doctor?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
When my daughter was about 3 she began throwing up a couple times a week. As soon as she did she would be a little weak at first then totally fine. I knew this was not normal and my pediatrician had no ideas! Luckily because my nephew has some serious food allergies I know they can affect you in all different ways. I had her allergy test done and she ended up being allergic to a number of foods, including peanuts and corn. Corn is in so much! Think about syrup, ketchup, cereals, cornstarch, syrup ,flour seems to be in everything. Once we found this and I began limiting her foods with these ingredients the vomiting completely stopped. She is almost 6 now and alot of her allergies have gone away. She is still allergic to all nuts and the others are very mild. I would definetly have him tested. Talk to other moms with kids who have allergies you will find out so much. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
Dont know where you live I do know here in the US we have had a nasty stomach virus going around it takes a few days and they are okay ..make sure your child is hydrated and speaking to the doctor may be a good idea .
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.