Aa
A
A
A
Close
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3.37k Members

5 year old acting out recently at home and school

My son is 5 years old and in kindergarten.  At the beginning, his teacher gave him much praise about how smart he is but she was concerned that he would not talk and participate in the class.  He did not want to write or sound out letters etc.  However during group time like circle time and/or story time he would sit and listen like he is supposed to.  Well His father drives a truck and was here during the holidays he is now gone back to work.  Before schoolPreschooler development
Preschooler test
Preschooler test or procedure preparation
School age child development
School age test or procedure preparation
School-age children development started again, he kept complaining "I miss my daddy" etc.  well since schoolPreschooler development
Preschooler test
School-age children development has begun in January, the teacher has informed me that he has become aggressive he hits her on her arm when she disciplines him, will not pay attention in class and she is NOW telling me that she has JUST discovered he can read.  I talk to him everyday before schoolPreschooler development
Preschooler test
School-age children development and tell him he has to sit down during class, he must read and write when they ask him to because he is not unable to do so and I tell him that he cannot hit or scream or do any of the things I think a tantrumTemper tantrums consists of.  Usually he agrees and he is good at schoolPreschooler development
Preschooler test
School-age children development but ever since he has gone back from the holidays, he is uncontrollable... I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that his father is now gone again and maybe he needs to see someone regarding this but I am at a total loss as to how to controlControl
Control rx this behavior because I cannot have him disrupting the class... please help
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.