Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1280088 tn?1432049934

5months girl

hi my daughter is 5months old and she didnt start rolling. Is that normal?can u plz help out wid this
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1149221 tn?1304827966
It's normal! My son was about 8 months old when he started rolling then crawling soon after. All babies develop at different speeds and it is very normal for a 5 month old to not roll over yet.
Helpful - 0
1280088 tn?1432049934
hello, when i put her on her tummy she immediately turn back and she is taking her foot finger in her mouth .Is this normal?  thank you.
Helpful - 0
973741 tn?1342342773
Little ones do all develop at their own pace but there are some time frames that you start lookig for things.  She sounds normal to me thus far but it is always good to keep any well baby visits with a doctor (which they do regularly at 3 month intervals the first 2 years) and discuss developmental milestones.  Sucking on toes, is that what you are talking about?  Yes, normal.  That flexibility is amazing, isn't it?  But think about them in your womb-------  they are all curled up so it is actually a natural position for those under one.  Couldn't get my toe to my mouth anymore . . .  (thank goodness!)!  LOL

Good luck and enjoy your baby!!
Helpful - 0
1280088 tn?1432049934
thank q . We have an appointment with the doctor  . 6month vaccination. Hope everything goes fine .
Helpful - 0
I think it's normal. My oldest didn't roll over until she was about 6 months. My 2nd started rolling over at 5 days old. And my 3rd, she started at 2 days old, the dr was checking on her, (jaundice) and she started to roll, I grabbed her, and the Dr was shocked. I told him about my 2nd. And he was thankful, I reached my hand out to stop her. But then with her, she stopped rolling about maybe a month later, and didn't roll over for a few months. She would not sit, but could crawl. She was so backwards, and her ped said she looked fine, just doing things on her own.
Helpful - 0
1280088 tn?1432049934
nice! i think it depend on the children. When they like to roll they do or else don't.
Helpful - 0
1281554 tn?1271379516
It is normal, don't worry about it x
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.