Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Aggression

My son is four years old. He was in four different day cares from 11 months to three years old. (Work location)  He is at home with me now, because I had a new baby.
He has a lot of great qualities.  He is a happy smart boy.  Energetic and Hyperactive.  He is really good in sports and manual things.  He is organized and nite.  He is funny. He helps a lot around the house.  He can be a really loving person.  He loves books.  He protects his brother and he is kind with him.
But I noticed on him a lot of anger and frustration over little things.  For example if he can not open his water bottle, or put his shoe or sock.  (I told him instead to get angry to ask me for help.)
He will explode and hit me or scream really lout.  Throw his toys.  (I told him to use his words and keep his hand to himself. I try to discipline him in different ways:  time out, spanking, taking his toys away or no TV time.)  
I noticed this is getting worse his anger always come back.  He wakes up really happy and in split seconds he will be really angry.  Also in playdates he will push his friends or hit them suddenly.  I need help!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
535822 tn?1443976780
If you spank him he is using the same behavior to you,yelling and spanking doesnt work, What triggers his anger if he wakes up Happy what happens in those moments to him to make him change, does he have to rush around to do something or go to school,kids hate being rushed out of the door.Perhaps some Jealousy towards his new Baby, can you give him one to one time and get his Dad involced so they can do Guy things together.
Helpful - 0
Thanks I really appreciate your advice.  I tried really hard to focus in the positive things of him.  He gets angry when you ask him to go pipi before he eats breakfast, silly staff.  Or change his pijamas for normal clothes to go to play.  
We start spanking him when he got used to time out and this was not a big deal to him.  We will stop the spanking, this is a way of agression and it is not a good example to him.  I will follow your advice.  Thanks.
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
Thats good to hear Unolin accepting spanking doesnt work you have taken the first step to getting the problem sorted out, work on finding out what triggers the tantrums .Sounds like to me he has a great MOm with a caring attitude.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.