Can some one help

my 2yr old son has had a fever for 4days between 102 to 104 Itook him to the ER and they told me that he has strep throat and scarlet fever. I had scarlet fever when i was a child and the symptoms he ishaving and the symptoms I had are very different all execpthis fever. i'm very worried that the hospital diagnosied hi wrong. His symptoms are runny nose cough very high fever his skin is a redish color but no rash or blister. has any one had the sae problem with there child
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
scarlet fever on my eldest followed strep throat but not at the same time- sort of red rash looks like he may just have a reaction to the soap detergent or something-no blisters but sort of looks like a sunburn with goosebumps- that's all I thought it was, a new detergent- and the fever did stay for several days- but they still treated with antibiotics/ do you have a regular pediatrician? They need to know before you bring him in of course that it's scarlet fever- in case they have another entrance they want you to  bring him through.

Of course you will know for sure when the fever has subsided and his toes and fingers start to peel- I guess there are some that don't do this but I have heard it is most common- and this part will be very uncomfortable for him and will bleed so the nurse told us to get Eucerin cream the thick one in the jar and even let him take it to school if he is in preschool.
Helpful - 0
I also alternate motrin and tylenol for my children
Helpful - 0
Both of my sons run high fevers when their sick. My youngest went 4 days with a fever of 104. When i took him to the hospital they said he was ok. My rule of thumb is to take them back if their NOT eating well or drinking well. If they are eating well I give them cool (not cold) baths, keep them dressed cool, keep them home and keep giving them tylenol until the fevers breaks. Another thing is if thier throwing up but theres flem and cough involved...usually its from the flem. But if your not sure and you think they need to be seen then take them in.
Helpful - 0
I would take him back to the doctor. Is he eating and drinking. My son stays sick(ruuny nose,bad cough,slight fever, throwing up from coughing so hard, not eating) and the doctors always tell me he is fine it drives me crazy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community