Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

Daughter is almost 5 year old and BM problems

I am a mom is at her witts end my daughter is almost 5 years old and we been having BM problems for almost 3 years. She has been seen by 3 different GIs and all they tell me is to give her meralax and keep uping it. She was potty trained for 3 weeks and now we are back at square 1. The only test they did was a blood test and an ultrasound when she was 2 years old. She will stand cross her lags and scream, it gets so bad that her butt gets so red it looks like I took a belt and beat her with it. I dont know what else to do her GI wont give me anymore advice. She had a fever of 103.8 when she was born for 2.5 hours could that be some of the problems? Please help I have nowhere else to turn!
I had the same problem with my 1 year old she wouldn't poo for days one stage she went 11 days and would cry when trying to poo so i started to give her a stool softener and change some things in her diet i cut out bread,pasta,carrots and even Bananas i added more fiber such as pears,apples and even grapes do wonders
I had to add probiotics, digestive enzymes, and a magnesium supplement to help my kids.  probiotics alone made a big difference.  Watch their diet and lots of water.  I even found a children's chewable vitamin with probiotics in it.
No urine or fecal sample was taken? What kind of blood test did they do? Did they discuss the possibility of celiac disease or foid intolerances with you? Has your daughter been through allergy testing? This could be an ongoing UTI, parasitic infection, or immune disorder.

If you're in the US, my recommendation is to call the closest children's hospital for more help. Your family deserves better than the GIs you've worked with.