Help!! My 3 year old won't potty train!!!!
Help!! I have a son that is almost 3 years and 3 months and he is so totally not interested in potty training. I put him in pull ups at 3 years old because I felt he was too big and has too extensive a vocabulary not to be potty trained but I left him alone and haven't pushed him. He will go pee pee real well in the potty but only if I make him go in there, he won't tell me when he needs to go, however when he has on a pull up he will tell me, mom I just went pee pee. He is a very high strung child and won't sit still for very long. He has pooped 3 times in the potty but it is hell trying to get him to sit there long enough to let it happen and as soon as some comes out he says he is done then we put a pull up on and he finishes the job. He tells me he is going in his room to poop and I will say don't you want to sit on the potty and do it like a big boy and he says no. Now if I have a toy to bribe him with he will try it on the potty but won't do the whole job. On one occasion he was going in his room to go and I said let's do it on the potty he held it in and wound up not going. This morning again he said mom I am going in my room to poop and again I said don't you want to do it on the potty and he said no. I guess my question is do I force him to sit on the potty when he tells me he is going in his room to poop. I have always heard not to force the issue and stress them about it but I feel like such a failure. How do I get him to go in the potty and tell me when he needs to go? Sorry so lengthy HELP!!!
Yes, I dared to force my son to sit on the potty and it worked! He is now 10 and was not scarred for life or anything. I have 4 kids and he is my oldest, was definitely the most difficult to train. He was over 3 years old, don't remember how old exactly. He would go pee in the potty very well and had gone poo in it once or twice, but suddenly one day decided he simply could not poo in it ever again! We went on for weeks trying to figure out what had changed. He was terrified to sit on the pot. He would withhold the poo for days until he was pacing and holding his little bottom, screaming for a diaper to be put on (I had left him naked to leave him no choice but to use the potty when the time came) when he could hold it no longer and the poo hit the floor.

Finally, conversations with him revealed that he was positive something horrible/very scary would happen if he did let his poo go into the toilet. His story was something about "shadow trees" and I think it had to do with a nightmare he had which he somehow related to the potty.

With this new knowledge, I simply MADE him sit there until it happened. I think it was about 3 hours, it seemed like that long anyway.  I just sat right in front of him knees to knees, with my hands on his legs and we kept eye contact and I constantly reassured him "You are okay, I'm right here with you, I promise nothing bad is going to happen if you let it out. I love you and I wouldn't lie to you." Over and over I would say these things. He would plead and cry, but I stuck to my guns and kept telling him to look at mommy, its okay, just let it go, let it come out, you'll be okay. He eventually screeched "I'M DOING IT, ITS COMING OUT!" It was the point of no return...

As soon as it was out, he popped off the toilet, we looked at it, I asked him "So, did anything bad happen?" "No, I'M OK!!" He was sooo happy and proud, and we never had a problem after that.

So maybe others of you whose kids are afraid to use the potty have had a nightmare or something and you can work through it with them. I really hope this helps.
This sounds exactly like my daughter. Your post is a year old, can you tell me what happened? Thank you.
   I never potty trained my daughter. She was 3yrs & 3months when she came to me and said"I don't want these(diapers) any more".  She never wet the bed at all. She showed control issues when ever I mentioned it so I figured we would wait till she said she was ready.

Now I have a 3 yr old boy. He show great interest & wants to wear big boy undies, so we are giving it a shot.  I is a lot of work.  He is very proud of himself when he goes.  We have a very long road ahead, nut if he want to try I'm all for it.

Be patient with your kids & they will let you know when THEY are ready.
I see this was awhile ago and just wondering what you ended up doing, because my almost 3 1/2 year old is doing EXACTLY the same thing=/
I dont believe that parents are purposely waiting to potty train their children until that late. I have been trying to potty train my son sine he turned two. I have tried everything bribes, with candy and toys. I've tried supporting him and being there while he tries to go. Ive tried reward system with stickers. Ive done the underwear and he doesnt care he just pees and poops in them like its nothing and will tell me after. I've taken him once every hour, then I tried every half hour. I have a younger son he is one, and my son who is now three that I have been trying to train for a year now says that "brother wears diapers" I've told him that he is a big boy and his brother is a baby, that big boys go in the toilet and babies wear diapers. I've given him praise when he does pee occasionally in the toilet. He will not poop in the toilet and he will even hold it until I put a pull up on him, or he will ask for me to put one on him when he knows he has to go to the bathroom. I will walk him to the bathroom and tell him to go there, he will sit on the toilet and still not go. I have been training for a year with very little success. I know that this is my responsibilty as Im sure all these parents on here do, and that is why they are reaching out for help. I think some children may just take to it faster and no one should be telling other parents that there efforts arent good enough. My mother had six kids we all trained before we were two, she watches both my boys while I work and she has also been working with my son with no progress. So I dont think that it is these parents lack of trying, that these children arent getting potty trained as fast as some others.
When my son was 2 he use to go to the potty himself. After awhile he just stopped doing it on his own. We reward and applaud when he goes but now I just feel like he is being lazy. He is 3 now. He is so smart it isn't funny his vocabulary and startegies are way to advanced for his age. Instead of using the toilet he gives me excuses like my pee thing didn't listen to me mom its not my fault.   I do not know what to do
My daughter is going to be six the end of April and has finally gone a month without an accident. She was 3 and1/2 before she pooped in the potty the first time, thankfully ending the daytime training mess. I cut her off of drinks at 6:30 pm, got her up to pee at one in the morning when I get home from work and she would still have accidents. I asked her pediatrician about it because I was starting to get concerned that she would never stop wetting the bed and he informed me her bladder could have slower physical development or was overly producing urine. They do have a hormone for children if that is the issue for over-production of urine, but the way I did it was stopping the fluids early, having her go potty right before bed, putting her on the potty after about 4-5 hours sleep (she usually doesn't even remember going) and perseverance. It is not an overnight thing and is definitely stressful at times. I also stopped letting her wear pull-ups to bed because they say it makes it more comfortable to sleep in their pee, which I agree with because before it stopped altogether she was at least waking up after only partially peeing and finishing in the potty, because it was cold and wet. So get some nice plastic sheets definitely. First thing I would do is ask your child's doctor what they think. And then just keep at it, it does end! :)
Hi, very similar situation here now. What happened in the end with your son? Thanks so much!
Yes! Same here! My daughter is refusing to go with us, but she will go with the nanny or at nursery. That's why we've given up pushing her,
Because we thought it would be counterproductive. Now we'll try again by stepping up the rewards - and actively withholding treats if she stil refuses to go.

As i say, the situation is different with us (mum and dad) than with others
, but i believe she only poopoos with us, in the evening. That is, she does it in the nappy.

Big problem i believe is her little brother who's one year old. I'm convinced it's jealousy, but who knows?
we all are here getting all crazy with this. but my GUESS is that our children today are to stimulated by T.V  and our new social way of do and see things.
They look up to other people, toys etc more than us. We are more like their servant or something that we need to be 24/7 pleasing them if not they wont give us our daily bread.
good luck to all of us and lets go back and see if what I say here may help us all.
hope to see some feed backs.
lili
AMEN !!!!!!!
My son is 3 abs 1 month.  He refuses to use the potty.  We have tried everything - candy, cheap toys, stickers, etc.  he peed willingly on the potty one time and that was it.  My pediatrician said not to worry, he will do it when he is ready.  I'm very worried about when that will be.  He goes to preschool and they won't move him from the 2 year old class to the 3 year old class until he is trained.  Last week there were still 3 other 3 year olds in the 2 year old class with him.  Today when I went to pick him up all of the other three year olds had been moved up to the 3 year old class.  I was told by the school that he was mentally ready to advance to the 3 year old class when he was 2 1/2, but that they can't change diapers in the 3 year old class.  I am so frustrated.  Preschool isn't cheap and I feel like he isn't learning anything new.  Soooooo frustrated over this!
My child was late with teething, and now, he has perfect teeth, and a mouth full of them. He was a late talker, and now he wont stop talking and knows more words than I can imagine for a 2 and a half year old.  He skipped crawling, and that worried me, but now he runs fast like a four year old.  I guess I look at it this way.  I have yet to see an adult wearing diapers to work, so I guess at some point, he will go to the bathroom.  I show him the potty and encourage, but if I force it, he will rebel. I know his personality all too well.  My suggestion is simple: When the child is ready, they will tell us!
Jenny, whatever happened with your potty training progress since tis thread? My almost 4 year old son is just fine sitting in his own soil, too. Has no interest what-so-ever in potty training, and I can't start him in preschool until he is.
Whatever happened with your potty training? Were you successful? My son sounds a lot like your daughter...just wondering what I can do!
I am happy to hear you had success, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I started at 2. I was a daycare teacher and potty trained 16 2 year olds in 3 months. I know what I'm doing and my 3 year old still has issues.  As a mom you know the horrible feeling of guilt that fill your heart every day, and by criticizing others you have added to this burden for other moms. What might be more helpful is by giving tips without comments on other people's parenting.
I realize these posts are old, but I have to say that I COMPLETLEY disagree with this statement.  I potty trained my older son when he was 18 months old, without issue.  I have been trying with my youngest son since he was 18 months old, and have gotten virtually no where.  He is almost 3 now.   You ask how we feel that we are affecting our children, have you ever thought about how you manipulating a toddler into going to the bathroom by using guilt would affect yours????
The proir comment was directed to Chrisntess
try putting a cherrio in the toilet and tell him to aim at the cherrio I know that worked for my son and he didnt potty train till he was 4 years old
My Son is now 3 1/2,  and has been so difficult to train. I started when he turned 2 and since then he will only sometimes go pee in his little potty, even though for a short time he would go in the big potty and want to stand up to be like his Papa, but then all of a sudden for a few months freaked out even thinking about going on the big potty and refused to go on his little one. Then with  of course bribes " if you go potty, you can go in the treasure chest and pick out a treat " , that worked and motivated him for a month or so to pee in his little potty.  Then he stopped, refused to wear underwear and went in his pull ups. Then we stareted a potty chart, magically, he started peeing again in his little potty for about 3 weeks. Then, refuses to do it again.  I have let that kid run naked through the house, hoping that if he does have an accedent,  he would be more inclined to go to the potty, or maybe he's feel it coming on quicker, that didn't work, he's just yell for a pull up, or pee on the floor ( he only did that once,  he didn't like making the mess, but was happy to flood his diaper.  He has never gone poop in the potty, even though now a days, when he poopes he wants to see it and then flush it down the big potty.  I ask him all the time whats going on, why did he stop going in the big potty, and he says " something scared me". Now I know thats a good old fib to get a diaper on, because he was never left alone in there to have anything scare him.  He knows why adults use the toilet and he knows his cousins use them ( they are 1 year older then him) and he hates being called a baby ( I tell him that if he wants to use a diaper that must mean he is a baby,  and if he would like to treat him as such, to which he says " no,  Im a big boy mama") so I have no idea what to do for this kid.  He has been promised the moon and the stars aswell as he's smart and knows how to do it and that this is a normal thing to do, but to no avail. He will wear underwear occasionally and when he does makes no accidents, but now for the past month, he will loose his mind and cry until he throws up if we simply even raise the question of his putting his underwear on. And if we try and make him and successfully get them on him, he runs down the hallway freaking out and tearing them off as if they were made of acid and were burning him.  Im at my wits end, he too is suppose to start pre school in September and im worried that he won't be able to go, and I would hate for him to miss out on that experience.  We have tried being stern,  being excited when he does go, being every emotion under the sun, but alas, we end up back in those damn pull ups.  When he does get potty trained, I am going to have a bon fire and burn those suckers!!  And to some of those posts, saying either that were lazy or that we are not being parents but friends, that is a load of bull poopies! Every child is different and does things at their own speed. Just because you had no issues, doesn't mean that you are a supirior parent compared to us, it just means you had damn good luck. We are all trying our hardest to make sure our child is doing the best he/she can, so acting like a bully to other mother and fathers who are already at their wits end for trying their best is not the way to go. How bout sharing your story and encouraging us with your positive results? Not one child is the same and to try and force them and their parents to make them fit into some mold of what should be normal is wrong. There are no timelines and rules as to when a child should be doing something.  So if your child is shorter then average, does that mean that they aren't fitting into the norm there for it must mean that you are a lazy parent for not feeding them enough milk / calcium etc to help them grow to the accepted height? I don't understand why people have to be so judgemental and why they feel the need to lecture someone who is obviously struggling??  If you haven't a positive or meaningful thing to say then don't say anything at all.
wow it must be wonderful to be a perfect parent with a perfect child
my son is 3 years old and he wil go pee on the "big boy potty" (the regular toilet) but only if i take him, he has never told me that he needs to go. he has never pooped on the potty, but he will sometimes tell me that he pooped after he's done. he knows that he can get a very painful rash from pooping in his pull up, so as soon as he is done he wants the poo off, but he refuses to go on the potty. when i take him to go potty he will go pee no problem but i can NOT get him to poop on the potty or to tell me that he has to go, if i catch him trying to hide and go poop and tell him lets go sit on the potty he tells me no, if i try to put him on the potty he screams or just wont go. but as soon as the pull up goes back on, he poops. i have heard that i should not pressure him into using the potty but pull ups are getting to be crazy expensive and at 3 i think he shoud be using the potty. it's embarrassing to have to change my 3 year olds diaper every time i change my 18 month olds diaper when we have play dates, i dont know why he wont go, i just want to give up after two years of trying with no success
I had difficulty with my oldest.  He was potty trained at 2 1/2, but relapsed a few months later when we had our daughter.  At 3 1/2 he would go pee but not poo in the toilet.  There were numerous accidents and it was embarrasing for us both when they happened in public.  I tried everything, read everything, talked to everyone.  But then my mother told me something that really made an impact.  She said, its great to get advice from others but keep in mind, your child is your own; different from every other and uniquely yours.  So, I thought about what would make an impact in breaking this very stubborn streak.  

One morning he woke up and every toy, book, dvd he owned was gone.  I binned them all and put them in the garage.  He asked why and I told him that I knew he knew when he had to poop.  There are certain things we have to do and pooping in the toilet is one of them.  Everytime he did a poop, he could have a toy back.

Maybe it wasn't the best way, but it was the one that worked.  He never had another accident ever again.

Rewarding him wasn't working.  Once I recognized that this was a bit of a control issue for him, I felt I had to trump him on that and show him that this was not something that he could throw the gauntlet down on without consequences.  As his parents we are the ones with the control over these basic issues and he recognizes that now.

With that said, my daughter is turning 3 and nothing works with her either.  My son told her that mommy would take all her stuff away if she pooped her pants on purpose.  My daughter got an empty box and started packing her stuff away.  LOL.  She is even more stubborn than he.  The only thing I haven't yet tried is to let her sit in her soiled panties.  She's a bit of a clean freak and I think that would motivate her to use the potty.  I hope.
I know exactly how you feel and what you are going thru.  My son was able to pee on the toilet starting at around 3 years of age but refused to poop into it.  I've tried everything taught from books, TV shows, videos and advises from real life parents.  I've tried encouragement, begging, and punishing while crying with him but nothing worked until 5 days ago.  I did not push or make a big deal of it because whenever I did, he became constipated.  What I did was to give him Miralax (with the doctor's approval) and to remove him watching TV and playing Wii games (which he likes to do best every day) until he poops in to the toilet.  After 2 days, he could not hold this any more and pooped in to the toilet.   Hope this helps.
With my little boy who was 2 years 4 months at the time it was books and rewards that worked for us.

To start with I sat him on the potty inbetween my legs and read him 2 or 3 stories. After he was use to sitting on it which only took a few days I let him run around with noting on and kept a very close eye on him and as soon as he started or looked like he was about to wee I sat him on the potty (had to hold him there the 1st few times) and once he had been I gave him a marshmellow which are his favourate treats.

Getting him dry during the day took just over a week and he was dry at night a week later.

I was very very lucky he just seemed to get it straight away. Hes now 3 1/2 and never has accidents.
I also at least feel better that I am not doing EVERYTHING wrong which I was I am feeling lately, utter dispair really and at the end of my emotional rope. My daughter 3 yrs 2 mos, has cousins her age potty trained and here we are getting nowhere. I, like others on here was really irked by the post of ChrisnTess, because I also started this process at 18 mos old.  I still do not know where to go but at least I feel better that I am not doing it all wrong. My child is very intelligent, but very very strong willed and stubborn. I guess that might be the common thread here that I am hearing. Maybe it's a sign of genius and our kids will be great accomplishers one day but must do it at their own will and time. As to being the parent and not the friend, trust me it isn't the case. I discipline daily and strongly agree with being the parent. But short of beating them, what else are we supposed to do?
I am also wondering, outside of potty training if anyone has a 3 yr old who aruges with them like a teenager? She says no to everything I suggest or say to her.  When she was 18 mos I taught her to read over 20 words, she knew all of the letters and numbers to 20, most shapes, colors, and could tell you just about what any animal was. Then one day she didn't want to learn anymore, she shuts me down and won't let me teach her or sing songs to her. It's really frustrating, she's very affectionate and cuddly with me but doesn't want to do ANYTHING I tell her.  She is also strong minded about what she wears, no dresses and no cute shoes. PERIOD. I haven't seen this kind of defiance in a child her age..it's scares to crap out of me!
wow - how judgemental are you - I trained mine early as well but I was lucky that it worked for me. All children are different and making parents feel like failures on this subject is wrong.  It takes time and what works for one won't work for everyone - good luck to anyone who is struggling with this.
Hi ... I don't have twins but my 3 year old boy also has no interest and doesn't care about going potty like a big boy... I wish I also had suggestion but just letting you know you aren't alone... I will be trying bribery...
I started potty training my oldest 2 children, a son and a daughter when they were 2 1/2 and 2, it didn't go well with either one.  I did straight up underwear also, they just weren't motivated.  My son was nearly 4 before he "got it" and my daughter is months shy of turning 4 and still hasn't "got it".
well thats a judgmental comment..my son was 4 years old when he potty trained fully.. my oldest son has asperger's syndrome which really does not make a difference in this statement however if you push a child to do something they are not ready to do or do not want to do they will be fearful of it. or not trust the parent forcing it... however keep in mind i started potty training my oldest boy at 16 months putting him on the potty asking if he had to go making special bathroom stops while we were out and about, i put him in big boy underwear but he continues to wet his pants and refuse the potty till he was 4 and i told him he could not start school till he stopped wetting his pants next day no issues has been great with the potty ever since he is now 7 1/2...  youngest son is now 3 1/2 and refuses the potty we have done everything, every child does things on their own time and as a parent you should know that. not every child is ready at the same time. let  your child tell you when they are ready for the potty if you force it it just makes it harder on you, more stressful for you and your child and more mess to clean up. there is no right age to potty train or no age where your child is to old for diapers or pull up if they need them they need them... and any of you parents reading this that are having a hard time potty training a strong willed child... don't let others judge you, you are doing nothing wrong. don't be embarrassed that your child is not potty trained and if someone asks you just tell them your working on it and waiting till your child is ready.  I have a special needs child and have potty trained several children some with special needs some with out of all ages. there are many different ways to go about it. no one way is the right way and you have to find what works for you.
P.S the candy bribe thing will back fire on you and you will then just have a child eating to much candy. try something like a small toy or extra out door play time a special trip somewhere. cheerios in the potty works only if you have a child that already knows how to stand to pee. the sticker reward system seems to work best with all children but you have to make it a big deal and talk that sticker way up and make it seem like a million dollars.
My son will be 3 in June, I have had him almost potty trained 3 times but he has a liver disease and gets hospitalized often, so everytime he gets potty trained he doesnt want to potty when he gets back home... Its so frustrating. I have been very patient and understanding because its a lot to go through. But Im afraid ill never get him potty trained. I bought him a new potty chair that goes over the toilet because he didnt like the one that sang to him... He has gone a couple times but he tells me he doesnt want to go in the potty. Hes just not interested. Idk anything else to do but keep trying! Im hoping when the summer hits it will be a lot easier.
my son turned 3 in march. i have been tryin to et him to use the potty since last summer.he does good when hes out side. he likes peeing on the tree but when its time to use to the potty in the house he just doesnt want to!! he has used to potty to pee a few times and i praised him and gave him a pieace of candy and he was happy he did it and then he wont even go by the potty for a week! we have 3 training seats for him and he just doesnt care about it! i dont know what to do!!!!!
My son is 3 tears and 4 months old A tried a lot of ideas to get him potty trained, but he isn't iterested in any. He also can not talk eather tjat makes things more diffcult that they actually are,I do not know what to do can anyone
help............
I have 3 words for you all.... Natural Infant Hygiene.
Your child does not have to be "ready" to potty train.  
I read your post and I know it was awhile back.  I have triplet grandchildren and they are three.  One is almost potty trained, but it's very difficult with three toddlers.  I also trained my children by the time they were two, but can you imagine training triplets?  Anyway, I thought I would say something. Each child is different, and potty training can be easy with some and hard with others.
I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping you can let me know what helped you with your son. I'm currently in the exact situation as you were. I thought he was trained and then now he won't owe or poop on the potty. I'm so frustrated. Was there anything in particular that helped train him?
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I AM WANTING TO KNOW! I REALLY WISH THESE PEOLE WOULD POST A FEW UPDATES INSTEAD OF BEING SOME KIND OF "MOMMY'S WITH TODDLERS THAT REFUSE TO USE THE POTTY SUPPORT GROUP" :-)
Did you get any advise on potty training? Do you have any advise for me? My son will be 4 in a few months and refuses to have a bm on the toilet. He holds it and becomes constipated. He is the only one in his class that has bm accidents and I feel that the teachers look at us differently. I have tried everything. Even took a full week off work and tried the naked approach with no success. Any advise would be appreciated.

Heidi
We had the hardest time potty training. See if this helps some of you http://totsandkids101.blogspot.com
don't feel bad! I found your post helpful. I'm struggling with a similar, stubborn 2yr 9mo old boy.
You are a genius! I think you are spot on and I will try this with my very uninterested 3.5 yr old daughter who doesn't care if her panties get wet - a big cloth nappy must be way more uncomfortable and will also protect my carpet as she goes wherever.
Some kids have more difficulty than others. I have been trying to potty train my son since BEFORE he was 2. He is 3 1/2 now, and he still isn't potty trained. I have tried EVERY piece of advice out there. Nothing has worked with him. We have even been getting help from doctors and other professionals. It is really insensitive to say that it is the parent's fault. It is NO ONE'S fault. You were just lucky to have a girl (they usually potty train earlier) that had an easier time with potty training. I am also guessing she is your only child? No offense, but don't act like you are the potty training expert unless you actually are one. Your ignorant comments can hurt other mothers who are really struggling with this issue.
Your comment is very closed minded!  I've potty trained many children as early at 2 and old as 4.  EVERY child is different.  As a parent, I would think you would be more empathetic to another parent's struggling.  The world doesn't need more judgmental righteous people like you, it needs kind, helpful, compassionate people.  When I had children and became a teacher, I instantly  empathized with other women and parents.  One would hope you can see how to help and not tear down more.
My toddler has only just started to show signs that she is interested in the potty. I'm encouraging her to sit on the potty, but I’m getting a lot of pressure from family to take her out of nappies already. I don't think she's ready, and I’m worried about my mother taking her out of nappies when she is babysitting her. I think my little one will get confused. Has anyone had this problem or have any advice?
Well, first of all tell your mother not to do that, because it is YOUR job. As you said, your baby can feel confused because of that. But if your toddler already shows signs that she is interested in the potty, you should start training immediately.
I work in a kindergarten, so I know when good timing is. If you don't know how to start training, ask advice from your mother or use programs like this http://bit.ly/1L6O363
Hi my son is 3 years old n we r tryin to potty train him but he won't use it he just poos n wees in his underwear we tell him to pee n poo in potty I need help with potty train
I work in a kindergarten, so I know when good timing is. If you don't know how to start
training, ask advice from your mother or watch this amazing video http://bit.ly/1M8Yz6Z or use programs like this www.healthyfamilyhouse.com
Holy cow, I feel like you just watched my life and wrote about it.  OMG.  My three year old did the same thing, right down to the "I want to be a baby" thing.  How did you move your son along and get him trained?  Any advice?
I have potty trained 1 child, my youngest brother because my family had a lot of financial and inner troubles. Finally, I just sat him down and told him there would be no more pull ups. So if he refused to use the potty we would have to clean up the messes and as a heads up it was certainly less fun than being outside and playing but if it happens we'll just have to do it and play after(I did all the dirty parts he just ran rags to me, etc. )Didn't take long,before he got as sick of it as me. He was a lil older than 2. I'm now with a man who has a 3 and a half yr old. Some days she does use the potty, sometimes she refuses. But when she doesn't I make her sit on the potty right after for 5 minutes and ask her why she's in trouble (she use to tell me that she wasn't. That she doesn't have to use her potty) so longer if she won't tell me why. But no further punishment, I know people say that might be the wrong approach but the way I look at it is life works in a way that if you do good good happens if you do bad bad happens for the most part, when she's used it good all day I try to think of something fun to do with her. When she feels lazy is when she wants her pull ups and when I have her she only gets them at night but when her dad is home he just gives in because he doesn't want to fight with her. I know it seems cruel in this day and age but when she doesn't want her undies I know she just wants to pee and poop in her pull up and if someone gives in and puts her in one before bed all she does is go in it and the whole week is an uphill battle verses fighting and being even more stubborn than her for one day and the rest of the week her going in her potty. I don't yell or scream I just matter of fact tell her that everyone has to use them once they get so big and she is now big enough that she has to now. I think if he would stop putting her in pull ups shed already be potty trained. Most nights she doesn't even soil her pull up so I'm going to get her a protective cover for her bed and
basically just beg her dad to throw away the pull ups altogether.