Aa
A
A
Close
How to toilet train very stubborn 4 year old
I have a very stubborn and hard headed 4 year old son who refuses to toilet train. He is so unbelievably smart knows and also tells me when his going doing a wee but just will not use the toilet he was at one stage weeing at the toilet than desided to stop. We have tried rewards,sticker charts,ping pong balls,no nappies or pull ups he just stands there and wees him self not fazed at all by what his done he still hides to poo when i catch him trying to hide and take him to the bathroom he screams and crys i dont want him to think of using the toilet as a bad thing i done know what to do
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
Had a kid like this myself!  It's a little frustrating.  We went for his check up at the doctor and talked about school he was starting soon.  When we got home, I looked at him and said "can you please just get potty trained?"  and he looked at me and sighed "okay".  And from really that second on, he was potty trained.  Not a single accident.  So, that's the plus side to older kids.  No process to struggle through.  good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Thank you i have his 4yr check up today, see how it goes everyone says that he will do it when his ready im not convinced. He has big School in under a year and ahalf and wont be going if we cant get rid of these pull ups.
Comment
Cancel
973741 tn?1342346373
He will do it.  The more you fret over it, the more stress is given to the situation.  As a mom who has been there, this will pass.  :>)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Fingers crossed his just so hard headed its unbelievable
Comment
Cancel
Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
Hey hey, how is it going?  Any progress?
Comment
Cancel
Hello sorry late reply been very busy his fully toilet trained it was a long week but its done. He had an accident at nan and pops house when he was in pull ups was that bad they had to shower him. So after that i said on monday i will be taking pull ups off you and you will only have them at night and i kept telling him all weekend so it wasnt a shock to him on the monday.A week of accidents not using the toilet and than he woke up the following monday morning and said i think i need to wee and hasnt had a accident since even took him self to the poo on the toilet the same day. Amazing how quick it just turned around thank you for your advise i was at my wits end with it all.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello sorry late reply been very busy his fully toilet trained it was a long week but its done. He had an accident at nan and pops house when he was in pull ups was that bad they had to shower him. So after that i said on monday i will be taking pull ups off you and you will only have them at night and i kept telling him all weekend so it wasnt a shock to him on the monday.A week of accidents not using the toilet and than he woke up the following monday morning and said i think i need to wee and hasnt had a accident since even took him self to the poo on the toilet the same day. Amazing how quick it just turned around thank you for your advise i was at my wits end with it all.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Blank
Austin, TX
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank