A
A
Close
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3.37k Members
15952342 tn?1444193132

Nanny care for my baby

Hi all,
I’m a working woman and my toddler is 2 years and 3 months old. Since I want to go to work, I’m not able to spend much with him. I wonder whether he get proper care from my in-laws in the absence of me. So I’m thinking of contacting the best nanny agency in Toronto (Diamond Personnel) for my son. But I don’t have any experience in this field. What are the things to be considered before choosing a nanny? How do I manage the pay for a nanny agency? Are they really expensive? Please share your experience. Thank you in advance.
1 Responses
13167 tn?1327194124
If you don't know the nanny personally,  don't hire her.  It is in that situation where a child is alone out of the sight of any other adult that abuse happens.  Daycare abuses happen occasionally too,  but there are witnesses.

Why do you suspect your inlaws aren't providing good care?  Usually grandparents are much better caregivers than nannies from an agency.  

Most of your other questions would probably be best answered by calling the Nanny agency you reference.  But if you're not paying a LOT,  don't expect to get good care.  And then,  I would put a camera in your home so you can see what's going on.
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.