Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

Nanny care for my baby

Hi all,
I’m a working woman and my toddler is 2 years and 3 months old. Since I want to go to work, I’m not able to spend much with him. I wonder whether he get proper care from my in-laws in the absence of me. So I’m thinking of contacting the best nanny agency in Toronto (Diamond Personnel) for my son. But I don’t have any experience in this field. What are the things to be considered before choosing a nanny? How do I manage the pay for a nanny agency? Are they really expensive? Please share your experience. Thank you in advance.
If you don't know the nanny personally,  don't hire her.  It is in that situation where a child is alone out of the sight of any other adult that abuse happens.  Daycare abuses happen occasionally too,  but there are witnesses.

Why do you suspect your inlaws aren't providing good care?  Usually grandparents are much better caregivers than nannies from an agency.  

Most of your other questions would probably be best answered by calling the Nanny agency you reference.  But if you're not paying a LOT,  don't expect to get good care.  And then,  I would put a camera in your home so you can see what's going on.