Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

New baby on the way

How do I explain to my five  year old boy that he is going to have twin sibilings in the next 6 months. I can I train him that he has to help mommy and make more of a big brother.
Hi there, it is the same with my current position..The main thing is to reasure your son and start asking him to help with little tasks now allready. My daughter was very difficult in my first trimester, it is like they can feel the change going on in your body...Spend as much time with your son as possible and make him feel important and special at all times...
hey. i just had a baby and my lil one was 20 months old. i tried to get him interact with my bump. giving cuddles and kisses to it. n calling it baby.

now the baby is here he fetches me nappies, wipes n cream when i need them. he also puts his dummy in when he crys to help mummy and still gives him, cuddles and kisses n calls him baby.

he hasnt learnt how to say leo yet.

your lil one is alot bigger and can help alot more. good luck x