Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
338830 tn?1229999478

Teething Question!

I know this is a toddler group, but I wanted some input from experienced moms who have dealt with teething before! My LO is 6 months and teething. When I feel her gums, I can feel bumps under them. Then at other times of the day, I can't feel them as much. What is that about? Is it swelling? Or is the tooth moving around under her gums? For your little ones, did they all have bumps in thier gums before thier teeth came in? Or can they just come in with no bumps first? Sorry it seems like I am rambling, but I am a FTM and need some help!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
535822 tn?1443976780
Yes they all have the' Bumps" it is where the teeth are before they cut through the gum, babies start to dribble a lot before they cut their teeth and a lot cut them with a cold,usually around 6months but more often later than that.
Helpful - 0
756023 tn?1338520435
My daughters gums were a bit swollen and white which is how I knew she was going to cut a tooth.  My daughter was a terrible teether.  She was a cranky, feverish drooler for days.  I really felt for her.  She cut her first tooth at 8 months and then her second didn't come until 12 months.  
Helpful - 0
338830 tn?1229999478
Wow! So, did the bumps on their gums come and go? Like could you feel them one day and then the next you couldn't? That is what is confusing me! She has ALL the signs and is also a terrible teether with the diarrhea, fevers, drooling like a faucet, sleeplessness, chewing, biting, crankiness, and a runny nose. But it's like sometimes I can feel the bumps, then I can't. What do you think about that?
Helpful - 0
756023 tn?1338520435
With Anika, yes the bumps would come and go.  It's probably her teeth turtling up and down.  They will poke through in time.  You will notice that when her first tooth pokes through it may turtle back in the next day.  Don't be concerned.  It's just part of the course.  It will come back up.  
Helpful - 0
750172 tn?1256147076
Hey, you might try sticking a green onion in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.  Give her the green part only, split it down the middle and either rub it on her gums or let her gnaw on it.  I did it with my first and now with my second.  Something in the green onion has a numbing affect.  It really helped my girls alot...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.