Three Questions

1. When did your baby start walking? My son will be 14 months on the 25th and he's still not walking. I'm starting to get concerned.

2. When did your baby stop using a binki? Did you have trouble winging him/her from it? If so, any suggestions on how to wing them off of it?

3. My son has been sleeping through the night since he's been five weeks old. I started him off in a bassinet then when I felt as if he was too big for it (around three months old) I put him in bed with me until he was six months old then I put up his crib and put him in there until he was nine months old. He never had an issues with sleeping by himself until we got new neighbors, which fight all the time and I think it scared him, he started refusing to take naps/sleep in his crib so I put him back in bed with me. He's now almost 14 months old and he still refuses to nap/sleep in his crib. I've tried the "cry it out" method but he doesn't stop crying. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to get him broke of this ASAP!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
BUMP
Helpful - 0
My daughter walked at 13 months (if your concerned about his development with walking, take him to the docs and they can tell you more about that.

I'm assuming by binki you mean a dummy/pacifier (sorry from the UK so unsure of what you call it). I stopped my daughter having hers in the day on her first birthday (only had it for naos and bedtime) and took it off her completely at 18 months. It was really easy and she's never asked for it after.

With naps and sleeping you probably shouldn't have put him back in your bed because now he knows that if he cries or kicks up a fuss then you will take him with you (prob why controlled crying didn't work, if he knows you will eventually give in he won't stop). Try putting him down for a nap in his bed and sitting next to his cot with your hand through the bars on his chest, don't make eye contact with him and don't talk to him, just stay there so he knows he's safe and your hand will help to comfort him (if he stands up then just lay him back down without talking or making eye contact), this helps you still be able to comfort him without giving him the attention that he wants. as this starts to work every day sit slightly further and no way from his cot until he can no longer see you and then he should be used to napping and sleeping in his own bed again to not worry. Good luck, hope I've helped in some way.
Helpful - 0
Thank you ☺
Helpful - 0
Both of my girls started walking at 9mos but I was told that was early for most babies. I know so babies that didn't start walking till 18 Mos and r perfectly normal. Maybe just ask baby's dr. Next appointment.

The binky was really tuff for my first baby to give up she was 2 and 2 months when I took it from her for for good. I tried everything I cut the tip of the binky I tried a bunch of things I saw on line nothing. I just one day only let her have it at nap and bed time the next week I took it from her completely. just threw them all away so I wouldn't be tempted to give it back. We had about 2-3 winey days and then she forgot about it and her little cloth baby became what she used to soothe herself. My second baby I took hers away at 12 months just took it completely she never even missed it unless she saw another baby with one.
Helpful - 0
My daughter walked a wk after her bday. & my son is 13 months & still isnt walking hes lazy & starts crying. Iwant him to walk b4 baby #3 arrives in September it'll make my life so much easier. My daughter did have a pacifier itook that away when she was 2 yr old riped big hole in em cause we new she wouldnt like it & told her to throw em away in the trash if she didnt like it lol there was crying for a few days bur she got over it. She was attached to it & her fava blanket. Her blanket is still her fave shes 3 yr old now & when she sees a baby w.a pacifier she says she doesnt need that anymore cause shes a big girl :D
Helpful - 0
Look into the No Cry Sleep Solution. CIO is seriously damaging.

Walking isn't a worry until about 18 months.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community