A
A
Close
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3.37k Members
14456912 tn?1434612089

Very dark Green poop

Hello All

My little Thomas is 3 years old and suffers horribly with his bowels.  Hes had this very dark green sticky poops for a while now, sometimes he will become very distressed and then get blisters all over his mouth for about a week then it will die down. He's never had any blood in his bowels.

I was told that it maybe be high iron levels or eating green foods But - Thomas has very low ferritin and iron levels and he doesn't eat ANY food :( He's on a milk called pediasure fibre 4x a day plus water and juice.

I was thinking at 1st maybe IBD but he only suffers extreme constipation and very rarely diareah unless he's impacted.

We are on the waiting list for a colonoscopy and endoscopy but it can take unto 6 months :(

Is anyone going through the same might have some answers :(
1 Responses
134578 tn?1602101550
Why is it that he is not eating ANY food?  Can't you tempt him with anything?  It's possible the Pediasure is giving him these dark green poops and the allergic reaction on the mouth.  Can you not find him something else he will try?  Applesauce, ham chunks, lettuce, berries?
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.