chronic fever

My daughter is 26 months old and has fevers every 3 weeks for over a year now.  My first peditrician said they were common in babies and it was just a viral infection.  We changed peditricians and the new doctor said the same thing.  She gets a fever for 4-5 days, they go up to 104, and she needs to take a teaspoon of tylenol and motrin at the same time just to keep the fever down.  when it spikes she vomits.  I'm tired of hearing the same answer, I'm starting to worry.  Anyone have any suggestions.  I am taking her to the doctors on Tuesday and asking for blood work just to be safe.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was wondering if their was any diagnosis for your child? My 24 month old daughter has been doing the exact same thing and I have started research on my own...any advice would be appreciated.
Helpful - 0
I know it has been a while since you posted this, but if you are still not getting any answers...This sounds like cyclic neutropenia, which our son is being tested for right now.  This is a condition that causes certain white blood cells to reduce about every three weeks.  And the most common symptom is a fever every three weeks or so that lasts for several days and might not have any other symptoms.
Helpful - 0
my daughter was the sameway  and was diagnosed with "FIFTH DISEASE" its in with the RUBELLA, MUMpS< SCARLET FEVER" ther is nothing that can b done jus tylenol and motrin like they said.eventually she out grew it,,,hope all goes well with ur child, i no its worryin  you...
Helpful - 0
My daughter is 2, and recently she's been having the same problem. Her fever is accompanied by a lingering ear infection. She's been taking antibiotics, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe there's some viral   problem going on. You're not the only mother going through it. Hope everything goes well. Thank you for sharing.        
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community