Aa
A
A
A
Close
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3.37k Members

misbehaviour

my 4 yr old son is good in studies but i usually get a complaint from teacher that he is very nayghty n cant stick to his place. if i ask him to wish the other parents who r waiting for the bus he will not, he goes n stands aloof where ever i am standing just becoz i scolded him for not finishing his breakfast. he will cry more n behave restless when his father is back.he never follows instructions like go brush your teeth----i read ur article on this and as u said b firm ----i hav done all that but sometimes it works n sometimes it doesnt. i really dont know where i am wrong as i feel bad once he goes to school.
1 Responses
535822 tn?1443976780
  They do seem to wanting to test us at this age dont they , I am thinking that maybe giving him a choice of time to brush his teeth it sounds like he rebelling against being told to.Give smaller portions of breakfast then you wont need to scold if he cannot finish it all. I have also found that children do not like being rushed with their eating so give plenty of time for eating.In crying more when his Dad is around maybe he misses him when he is not there, its probably a normal reaction to cry more, get Dad playing sport games with him, board games I find children love all of the old fashioned board games .even at this young age .  Good luck, nothing stays the same he will be okay  ..and welcome to Medhelp                    
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.