moms that have kids..

My 19 month old has a rash that has been persistent for the past 2 months. We have tried antibacterial ointment, antifungal ointment, all diaper rash cream, corn starch, baking soda, changing diaper brands. I'm sick of this. I feel so bad for the little guy, it obviously bothers him, we have to keep him in pants or he tries to dig at it. His doctor said we can't run any tests until it blisters or has puss to collect for samples. Two other doctors said it was any yeast infection, but it's clearly not or the cramps would have done the trick. I would post a picture but don't know how. It's now spread to his arms legs and tummy. Anyone please help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
To post the pic you have to go to medhelp.com and sign in on there n upload the pic u can't do it on the app. Hope this helps n ur Lil guy feels better
Helpful - 0
Could he be having a reaction to your laundry detergent or soap?
Helpful - 0
Is he drinking enough water? Sometimes kids can have a reaction to their own urine because it is too strong. It may also be a yeast infection. I wonder if you can use cream for say a woman on it and see if that works? I've never tried that myself. Good luck
Helpful - 0
With my son he had a bad diaper rash so i would fan it with a diaper n it eventually we away he would also have a rash if he took a bath twice a day cuz the water dries out their skin cuz is so sensitive i hope this helps n he feels 100% soon!
Helpful - 0
His doctor g Ave us a steroid to put on it but if that fails I'm out of options.
Helpful - 0
Bryce,  I hope your baby is doing better in the last couple days.

But if the steroid doesn't work,  you're not out of options.  I know it gets frustrating to not be able to solve this,  but I would suggest a fresh pair of eyes to look at your baby if your doctor has said there's nothing you can do.  

It sounds like your baby has systemic yeast over growth.  Have you tried removing fresh fruits from his diet and trying active yogurt (acidophilus)?  That will help keep yeast in check.

Best wishes.  Don't give up!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community