Aa
A
A
A
Close
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3.37k Members

my 2 year old will not poop...

My daughter Taylor is 2. For the first year of her young life she was sick...a lot! First we found out she was allergic to milk so we changed her formula to soy then went on to silk soy milk when she turned one. but the diareah did not stop. So we took her to another doctor and another...then another who finally tested her again and we found out that she is also allergic to soy. This was in January 2009. So now after almost a year of rice milk and a complete diet change she will not poop. She hides and crosses her legs to hold it. How do you convince a 2 year old to have a bowl movement?  
2 Responses
1039620 tn?1272597604
If she is constipated from the diet change it may hurt her to go and you will need to talk to her pediatrician about a stool softener. Also make sure she drinks plenty of water and gets fiber in her diet.
1149127 tn?1268132224
hi, my kids are constipated before.. My daughter poop just once a week.. Maybe they are really scared of letting it out because it hurts a lot.. just had been relieved until ju
ly of last year.. email me at sarah_mancelita***@**** thanks:)
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.