Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

nutrition

My grandaughters are 18 months old they are triplets who can not walk and appear to be losing weight, they were born weighing 5lbs, 4lbs11oz, and 4lbs9oz, now they seem to lack motivation, and are getting extremely skinny
I'm guessing they were premature in which case it isn't unusual for them to lag behind on the developmental chart.  If they are losing weight, I'd have them seen by the family doctor or pediatrician.  But motivation isn't a word used often in toddlers.  They might be doing the best they can.   They also like to feel a little in charge so maybe don't push or pressure too much.  If there are developmental issues, they should see a specialist for evaluation.  In the US, these girls would be followed by the city and state for development because of the low birthweight and being premature.  They'd keep track of their progress.  Do you live in the US?