Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community

sleep problem in 23 month old

My 23 month old was  hospitalized 2 weeks ago with RSV and pneumonia. He slept 12 hours at night prior to his illness. The 3 nights before he was hospitalized he was so sick he would only sleep in my arms day or night- In the hospital this was the same. After he was discharged from the hospital he will sleep in his crib but wakes up freq. crying out for us until we have to go in to him and rock him back to sleep which sometimes takes FOREVER!!  What do I do???? We feel like we have a newborm again...
I'd let him cry it out. The only times i go get my dd is if shes sick, or throwing up, or hungry cause she refused to eat. I never rock my kid to sleep anymore. She needs to have time to her self and when shes in her crib thats her time, it took a while to learn this but she did. My DD used to sleep with me from birth to probably 9 months old. Very hard to break