Parkinson’s Disease Community
473 Members

No Answers from doctors

My dad has several symptoms resulting in his inability to walk, stiff legs, shaking, spasms, caving arms, back pain, and several other things. He has seen doctors, none of which can determine the cause. He is getting worse and has suffered for over a year. If you have any idea as to what this could be, any information could help. Thanks so much!
It could be many things.  Parkinson's is diagnosed by eliminating  all the other things it can be and then giving the medication used to treat Parkinson's and seeing if it helps.  I would recommend a MRI and blood tests to eliminate things like tumors and MS.  He should be seen by a movement disorder neurologist. Sometimes it takes a while to find a good one.  I would ask friends or check online at "ratemd"   I am not a doctor but just suggesting from experience.
Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life