levodopa

How long does it take for levodopa to start working? My doctor had me on it for a week and said it wasn't working and told me to stop taking it. I don't think that was long enough. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
  Generally a person should start to show a  response within that time frame. However people's responses can vary. Also there are some conditions diagnosed by what a person responds to. It would be worthwhile to ask your doctor why they discontinued the medication, what your diagnosis is and what medication they would be using to treat it.
Helpful - 0
The levadopa would have worked by then. If you were taking it to determine if you had Parkinson's that is called a levadopa trail and if it didn't work that means typically that you don't have Parkinson's. Perhaps Wilson's disease or something else that shows parkinsonism there are several different diseases that can mimic Parkinson's symptoms.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parkinson’s Disease Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life