Pediatric Endocrinology Forum

Klinefelters?

I am a 16 year old male, and I am worrying I may be uffering from Klinefelter's syndrome.  I fit some of the symptoms (mild Gynecomastia, small penis, and others), but I also do not fit ome others (learning impairment, social awkwardness).  However, I am mildly colourblind, and I was wondering if it is possible that I have klinefelters even though that would mean I would have an extra chromosome and would greatly reduce my chances of being colourblind (it was my father who was colourblind)
The only way to know for sure if you do have Klinefelter's is to get a chromosomal test done. My brother has KS and has grown up with many, many problems (aggression, mental retardation, hole in heart, etc). If the only symptoms that made you think that you have KS are physical symptoms, then you most likely do not have it. While on the subjest of physical characteristics, one other major physical characteristic of KS is being very tall...especially being much taller than your parents. My brother is about 6' 8" (my mom is 5'8" dad 5'10").

I am not aware of colorblindness being related to KS. but, i guess anything is possible.

I suggest you to bring up your concerns to your doctor at your next check-up. But, don't worry yourself too much. If you are able to function daily like a normal teenager, it's probably not KS.

Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.

Best regards,
Stephanie
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments