Pediatric Endocrinology Forum

White lump on nipple

Hi, my little girl has a white lump (like the head of a spot) on her left nipple. She is just 6 mths and has had this for about a month and a half. I saw my health visitor who said it was nothing to worry about but check with the doctor next time we are in the surgery.

Would you have any ideas what this could be? It isn't growing but feels quite hard to the touch.

Apologies if you have received this twice - I am new to the site and have got very muddled.

Best wishes
It sounds like a simple calcium deposit under the skin, often us adult women may see this, if it is not draining, not enlarging or reddened I would monitor it and be sure there is no true breast tissue or discharge from the nipple itself.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments