Pediatrics Community

4 week old apnoea 54 oxygen sat help.

I noticed my son started having blue episodes and over a period of 2 weeks they became so often and long in duration I called an ambulance.

In the ambulance his o2 was 84 (wide awake after being stimulated after apnoea) -they said the monitor probably wasn't on properly, got to hospital - same thing. They then attached 2 monitors then they realised that his o2 was low. He fell asleep and started have his apnoeas and o2 would fall to 54 and his HR would also drop around the 50's.

If he wasn't treated and in hospital - could he have died? Was he close or am I over reacting?
Before he had a apnoea he would be tachy then Brady whilst having the apnoea. They would last between 20-40 seconds if not stimulated.