Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

4 year old

My 4  year old have decayed molar teeth on the bottom. Do I need to take her to dentist.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
134578 tn?1642048000
Decayed teeth can put bacteria into the bloodstream, damaging to the liver and kidney.  Get him to the dentist as soon as you possibly can.
Helpful - 0
973741 tn?1342342773
Hi,  well even though they are not her permanent teeth, they do usually use fillings on these teeth.  Molars which are in the back, kids have for many years and leaving the tooth could cause issues to the permanent teeth that comes in behind it.  Also, when a four year old has a rotting tooth, they will begin to address oral hygiene.  Some kids are more prone to cavities than others simply due to their genetics.  Flossing becomes really critical to get in between those teeth.  They'll probably advise you to not give your child any juice or sports drinks such as gator aid which they link to kids with the worst teeth decay.  

But a dentist appointment is in order and you'll then go from there.  Don't feel like you are alone.  Plenty of kids get cavities.  I have one child that has had his first cavity.  We go to a pediatric dentist which really helps as the whole office is set up for kids with kid things in it.  My kids think the place is cool and the dentist makes a special effort to give kids a pleasant experience at their office so they don't develop that lifetime phobia that so many have of dentists.  

so good luck!
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
yes definately they will be able to advise and help ASAP
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pediatrics Community

Top Children's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments