Avatar universal

Child Health

Just found out that this child I know has a cluster of cists on his brain. Took him to the doctor and come to find out, that the hospital is refusing to do anything because of the type of insurance that the mother has. Is their anything that we can do to get this child the medical tention the he needs. They live in S.C. Please help.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1027094 tn?1327429732
Try other hospitals. Go to the news, make them do a story on it, they may switch their tune then.
Helpful - 0
535822 tn?1443976780
Are the parents working because if they aren't they may qualify for free health care..most areas in America have low or no cost clinics , put the area she is in and low cost healthcare into the search engine ..There are some famous hospitals like St Judes may help it depends on how serious it is ..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pediatrics Community

Top Children's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments