Pediatrics Community
3.15k Members
Avatar universal

Chronic inflammation

About 3 month ago my husband and I noticed the left side of our son's scrotum was larger. The bulge would come and go. Our Pediatrician ordered a sonogram and sent us to a urologist. The urologist physically looked at our son and said "oh it's a hydrocele". He didn't look at the sonogram, sonogram results stated their was a tubular structure possible bowel or other structure. Surgery was scheduled. In the meantime, the bulge stayed about the same maybe grew a bit but it seemed to be more permanent, it wouldn't retract like it previously did.

Two weeks ago surgery was done, and afterwards the Dr wanted to know if my son recently had any trauma in the area, because the bulge was not a hydrocele it appeared to be inflamed tissue. Our little one is a busy boy but we have no knowledge of any injury in the area. He is not in pain and not running a fever. The Dr removed 50-70 % of the tissue. It was sent to pathology and results showed that is was inflamed tissue. The Dr also said his ball is fine and everything else looked normal.

What are are options at this point? The urologist just wants to wait a couple months and see what happens. I'm just concerned that the inflammation will develop into something more serious. Will this inflammation go away on its own?

1 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
It may be a good idea to put this on the urology forum good luck
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments