Pediatrics Community
Hi, So my baby is turning 1 today, however she's had diarrhea for almost a week now.  I took her to the doctor yesterday and was told there was nothing they could do, due to her age they did however prescribe a cream for her rash which has gotten really bad due to the dhiarrhea... is there anything i can do to help her???

ps. baby has no fever and still eats normal, i have taken away any dairy from her diet.
Could you give me an idea of what she would eat in a 24 hour period, something is causing the diarrhea unless there is a virus going round and there have been many this year,you say she is having no milk what are you replacing it with ?  
she eats normal, regular food like baby food, rice, food we eat.....I've replaced the milk with pedialyte and yes i think it's something thats going around b/c my 7 yr. old has it as well.
It sounds like a virus if your son is also not feeling well.
The only thing I would be careful of is how long you have her on the pedialyte. It's not meant for long term use, only a few days.....it can eventually contribute to diarrhea. Work her back up to milk slowly.
Another thing I would recommend is following the BRAT diet for a few days, Banana, Rice Cereal, Applesauce, Toast.
Hope she is feeling better soon!
This has been quite a bad year and continuing for stomach upsets..this hot weather doesn't help make sure she is well hydrated ..good luck