Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pediatrics Community
3.15k Members
Hi, So my baby is turning 1 today, however she's had diarrhea for almost a week now.  I took her to the doctor yesterday and was told there was nothing they could do, due to her age they did however prescribe a cream for her rash which has gotten really bad due to the dhiarrhea... is there anything i can do to help her???

ps. baby has no fever and still eats normal, i have taken away any dairy from her diet.
4 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
Could you give me an idea of what she would eat in a 24 hour period, something is causing the diarrhea unless there is a virus going round and there have been many this year,you say she is having no milk what are you replacing it with ?  
960001 tn?1279835193
she eats normal, regular food like baby food, rice, food we eat.....I've replaced the milk with pedialyte and yes i think it's something thats going around b/c my 7 yr. old has it as well.
It sounds like a virus if your son is also not feeling well.
The only thing I would be careful of is how long you have her on the pedialyte. It's not meant for long term use, only a few days.....it can eventually contribute to diarrhea. Work her back up to milk slowly.
Another thing I would recommend is following the BRAT diet for a few days, Banana, Rice Cereal, Applesauce, Toast.
Hope she is feeling better soon!
535822 tn?1443980380
This has been quite a bad year and continuing for stomach upsets..this hot weather doesn't help make sure she is well hydrated ..good luck
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments