Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pediatrics Community
3.16k Members

Pediatrics

I noticed today after picking my 5 month old son up from daycare, his pupils were unequal. They have never been unequal before. He was acting fine though. We came home and I checked their reaction to light with a pen light, both constricted equally. However without the light, the right is noticably more dialated than the left. I called his peds nurse hotline. A Doctor called me back and he said that because there are no other symptoms, it is normal. I don't think this seems normal. Sudden unequal pupils could mean a serious underlying problem and I was surprised it was so easily dismissed. I was hoping to see what anyone else thought about this, and if the Doctor I spoke with is right. Hoping someone knows a little about this and maybe shed some light. I am a medic in the military and EMT and I have never heard unequal pupils being normal. But again, there are no other symptoms that I have noticed and I am not a doctor of pediatrics.
1 Responses
535822 tn?1443976780
Go and take him to be checked out by your Doctor for reasurrance especially as you have some knowledge.
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments