Please tell me your solution

Before I ask anything let me brief you on a little history. My son was 6 1/2 weeks early,hes lungs were under developed, he was on oxygen for 12 days, and also had a embilical cord feeding tube. The milk he got was breast milk til it dried up. My child has never had an ear infection but runs high fevers all the time without answers. My biggest concern is the first week of January he was hospitalized for a temp of 105.5 and a deep purple rash.The ER did a catheder culture and blood but found nothing. Hes regular pediatric always says viral. My question is what would cause high fevers all the time with no answer and would you recommened a speacialist in pediartics?

Thanks so much,
                                                                                                 Very worried mom
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would definatly reccomend a specialist if you have concerns about him, I would say get any and every opinion you can get, keep us posted on how he is doing .
Helpful - 0
My daughter was 7 weeks early. Since she was a premature the Dr.s made it mandatory she get RSV shots. This helps the child from getting ill, It sound like if your child did not get these shots he might be getting symptoms of  RSV. Here are some I know of: having a simple clear runny nose and occasional cough that can be treated at home, to severe difficulty breathing that may require hospitalization. Other symptoms might include a low-grade fever, sore throat, headache, and irritability. Younger children, especially those under 2 or 3 years old, are most at risk for more severe symptoms, such as high fever, wheezing, difficulty breathing, a persistent cough, or apnea.
I hope this helps.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pediatrics Community