Stretch marks every where.

I am a sixteen year old male. I weigh 278.5lbs and am 6'4.5". I have stretch marks in every place I can think of besides my face (so far). They are showing up on my hands, groined, knees, fingers, under arms, biceps, triceps, back going vertical and horizontal, sides, thighs, legs, and are very painful when they come... which is how I know Im starting to develop one that is very small on the right side of my neck. I don't know what to do about it, I diet (don't lose weight) exercise (don't lose weight) but at the same time, Im really not very big at all, giving I body build but have gained fat and fat weight. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, I am a sixteen year old male also, I'm 6'3" and I had a similar problem when I weighed 260ish, had defined stretch marks around my stomach and lower back that were very irritating, so I ended up losing the weight and they mostly went away after a while but not entirely, but I used this cream called mederma stretch mark therapy, and it worked wonders, I highly recommend looking into it or something similar, if there's remaining marks after you've given your skin time to "resettle" so to speak.

Here's a link to the mederma site form info
http://www.mederma.com/scars/stretch_marks

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you =]
Helpful - 0
for being only 16, you are big, both tall and stocky. growing too quickly will cause extreme stretch marks because the skin cant keep up. exercising too much can also promote them.. body building has more dangerous factors than people realize. since youre still in your developing years, the amount of muscle youre putting on your body can very easily be the cause. if youre having problems losing weight, you should get your thyroid checked, and a general blood panel is a good idea, just in case. while its strange to get them on your fingers and neck, all the other places are extremely common. id consult a dr, and if they dont find anything wrong, id focus on finding a balanced diet and exercise plan. id also try cutting out any kind of weight training for a while and just sticking to active sports.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pediatrics Community