Pediatrics Community

hashimoto lump in throat

Please could someone give me some advice , my daughter has been diagnosed with Hashimotos her last US report stated that her thyroid gland was very swollen and Heterogenous with very little parenchyma left, also that she had large reactive lymph glands. She is on Thyroxine but constantly complains of a lump in her throat she trys to clear her throat all the time . I'm worried because she also gags when eating and feels that sometimes that she can't breath.
I was wondering what are her options and would having the thyroid gland out be a option, she is only ten and its really affecting her quality of life ...

Please any advice would be great as i'm really worried !!            
it sounds more like acid reflux to me my daughter had the same symptoms we put her on zantac and it worked great best of luck to you hope this helps