Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
278 Members

7 weeks post rectopexy

Hi everyone!
I had a mesh rectopexy 7 weeks ago for intususpection, enterocele and rectocele. Everything went well, no pain at all. But since the second week post op i have had the same strong heaviness in my rectum that led me to surgery. I could cope with enemas, laxatives, etc., but couldn't stand the constant golf fall in my rectum 24/7.
Im quite disappointed because I thought that the heaviness in the rectal area would improve with surgery.
My doctors said that its swelling.But at 7 weeks Im beginning to think that the surgery has failed. Im still on laxatives and go easily 3 or 4 times a day. But the heaviness is there constantly.
Is that normal or I should get used to the idea that the surgery has not worked for me? Thanks