Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
270 Members

Bladder prolapse pessary question

I just got a pessary ring with support. The last two days I have been very bloated. Could it be due to the pessary? Also, after taking the ring out I felt very achy all evening. Is this normal? I would rather the annoyance of the prolapse over constant bloat.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you feel your pessary fits internally correctly?   Does it push out of your vagina at all?
I dont feel the bloating is necessarily directly due to your pessary but do wonder if it is impacting other pelvic organs.   It really does need to be the correct size.
Do you have any gas or indigestion at all?   This could impact on aching depending on where the aching you have is.   If you are aching vaginally then this could point to your pessary possibly being in need of checking to make sure you have the correct size.