Has anyone had prolapsed bladder surgery repaired with mesh ?

I'm thinking about having surgery for a prolapsed bladder as the pessary did not work for me.  I am concerned about intercourse afterwards.  Will my husband be able to feel the mesh?

Has your surgeon suggested using mesh?   If so then ask them what the risks are and what their outcomes are for this type of op for 1 and 5 years afterwards.
Make sure you have a Urogynecologist as they are the prolapse specialists.
Some women also choose to have non mesh ops so you could also discuss any other options with your Urogyne
The FDA has issued warnings about it since adverse event reports show that problems are "not rare." Here is a link - http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/implantsandprosthetics/urogynsurgicalmesh/ucm345201.htm.

The mesh can erode and I've read where it can protrude into the vagina in which case your husband would feel it. I've read that it has sharp edges. It can also cause infections and cannot be completely removed because your tissue will grow around it. I don't know the % of women who experience problems but I've read of quite a few that have.