Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
266 Members
Question about recurrence of cystocele after mesh repair with sacrocolpopexy
I am 57 and enjoy recreational cycling. Nothing crazy, smooth road biking with nice wide seat on fairly flat paths.  Had sacrocolpopexy in 2015 using da Vinci robotic arm.  Cystocele is back.  Surgeon blames it on bike riding even though she told me before that cycling would be a safe exercise.  I need a second opinion about how to proceed from here.  Looking for great southern California urogynecologist for second opinion regarding repair and safe exercise.
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.   I am surprised that your Urogyne thinks bike riding is the cause of your POP to return.    I agree that finding a good Urogyne for a second opinion is a good idea.   POPs can return yes, but it does seem rather soon.   Get your operation notes from either your Urogyne or the hospital where you had your procedure done so you can take this with you to your next appt with the Urogyne of your choice.  
Take a look at Pflates ( PF safe Pilates )  and the Hab-it DVD as well and also talk to a womens PT for safe exercises for POPs
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
United Kingdom
Learn About Top Answerers
Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
266 Members
332 Questions
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.