Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1563934 tn?1296538164

Ice cold feet with Peraphal Neuopathy.

What can I do for 'Ice cold feet'?  I have peraphal Neuropathy. and it is very painful!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Any one with nsvn could the please contact me at ***@**** and leave me an email addres and I will contact them ASAP. Regards William
Helpful - 0
1300526 tn?1275771621
Keep them warm and dry, including not sweating, they will feel cold and wet. Change your shoes or slippers often if you have to. I didnt realize till I had neuropathy that mine do sweat all that much. I take a shower so my feet are in the warm water but we are not supposed to put them on heat cos it is hard to tell whats too hot so a shower is best, your water wont be hotter then your body can take,  as it could be if you werent paying attention to the temp of a heating pad for example.

Put them up when you can, Mine do get warmer when up on a stool.

When I was first diagnosed  I was working in water and colder temps and I thought that was the cause of my pain for a long time. Turns out they can get just as bad, cold and painful, now even tho I am not still working there.

Sorry you had to wait such a long time for an answer, I just spotted this post.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community

Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease