Pet Skin Problems Forum

What type of o-t-c antibiotic cream can be used on a superficial cut on a pet rabbit?

Sometimes my female rabbits fight over the food bowel or who gets to the water bottle first, even though I have two of each in their cage!  One will get a superficial cut sometimes from when they fight, but not major to be seen by a Veterinarian.

What is a safe o-t-c topical antibiotic ointment to use on a rabbit for a superficial cut .. sometimes on the tip of her ear, etc?  Is Bacitracian or Neosporyn safe?

Thanks,

C~
Yes, topical Neosporin should be fine, as long as they cannot groom it off and ingest it.
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.