Pet Skin Problems Forum

injury

My Dog fell off our bed and landed on his right side of his face. Now it is swollen. I cant afford the $200 emergency vet fee. What do I do? He wont let me touch him and put ice on it, but he did eat his breakfast.
Thank you for any answers
If the swelling or pain persists then I would recommend taking him to your regular veterinarian today after they open for normal business hours. It would be unusual (but theoretically possible) for such as low fall to cause a facial fracture. Other causes for facial swelling include insect bite/sting or an abcess from a prior puncture wound.
Good luck,
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet